This post is long over due, but I figured better late than never! These were taken the weekend between 18 and 19-weeks.
After finding out we were having a girl, we traveled to Highlands, North Carolina to visit with my parents, brother, aunt, and grandparents. My parents and brother picked us up at the Atlanta airport. Since the earlier ultrasound was a surprise, Eric and I were both wearing pink shirts, and I was wearing a pink bow on my belly.
We thought it would be a creative and funny way to surprise them! It was hillarious though because my mom was so busy putting our bags in the car that she didn't notice until I pointed to the bow and told her! She was so excited!! I thought it was obvious with the bow on my belly and us in pink, but apparently not. I think my mom was completely shocked that I kept a secret about myself and our little one for over 24-hours. Either that or she expects me to sometimes wear silly things.
Here's a photo of sweet pea's first hiking trip! I hesitated to put this on here because I look pretty rough, but you can totally see Sweet Pea poking her head out there! The pictures also don't do the scenery justice, but it's still worth documenting.
Here's also a cute photo of Eric that I snuck on the hike (below). You think he's contemplating what it will be like to be the daddy of a teenage girl in 14-years? He also did a wonderful thing for his pregnant wife on this hike...he carried a backpack just for me with pregnancy essentials (i.e., water, granola bar, and toilet paper!!), all of which were necessary even for this short hike.
Eric's working on a 20-weeks post, so keep checking in.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.