Thursday, June 24, 2010
Week 11 and OB update
This week has been a whirlwind at work, and one of the most memorable parts of my week was hearing Sweet Pea's heart beat for the first time! It was amazing! Apparently, his/her heart beat was at 160-170 beats/minute, which is perfect for this stage of development. All of the aweful GI issues and nausea is worth it for this little one growing inside! It's nice to know Sweet Pea's alive in there, since it's too early to feel anything but gas. Haha! Next week, I have another appointment to complete my 1st trimester screenings. I can't believe that I'll be in my 2nd trimester soon! Another good piece of news is that although I'm feeling huge, I've only gained 2lbs since my preconception appointment in April! Will continue to attempt regular exercise (with heart rate monitor) and healthy eating (even vegetables). So weird that I was a veggie lover, and I've recently developed a few aversions to things like brocolli, zuchini, carrotts, and cucumbers. Thank goodness I still like tomatoes and avacados! My favorites! I'm also developing odd cravings for cherios and raisin bran cereals that I ate when I was 5-years-old. Ohh pregnancy...Katie